Visit the Sunshine Coast and see fantastic shows in unusual locations!
Some of the possibilities are poetry in lighthouses, circuses in driveways, music in backyards, storytelling on ferries, theatre in hedge mazes, and musicals in planes. Sometimes it can be in secret locations that will be announced to ticket purchasers only.
These are part of the Anywhere Festival, a globally unique and locally relevant cultural experience for both locals and visitors, with performances taking place anywhere other than a theatre on the Sunshine Coast, Noosa, and online.
Since the inaugural Anywhere Festival on the Sunshine Coast and Noosa in 2017, it has been here that has paved the path for new ways to create performances. It also encourages attendees to discover the region’s hidden gems. Moreover, the festival prioritises artists, allowing them to take creative risks without the financial risk of renting non-traditional facilities and receiving creative development support, access to production resources, and festival promotion that helps increase audiences.
When it comes to performances, it differs from one another. It could be a cabaret, circus, comedy, dance, magic, music, musical theatre, performance art, spoken word, or theatre production. At the Anywhere Festival, you can also participate in family activities and workshops.
Here are a few of the events you shouldn’t miss.
- Women and Wine: Muses Trio will provide an intoxicating mix of music, food, women, and wine. Alba by Kuruvita’s sumptuous, full-bodied three-course meal and entertainment is on Mother’s Day.
- Little Shop of Horrors: One of the longest-running Broadway productions about a blood-hungry plant will satisfy your musical humour needs. The deliciously tongue-in-cheek cult classic comedy has received critical accolades all around the world. This magnificent reinvented immersive production is not to be missed!
- Argonautika: In this staging of Jason and the Argonauts’ mythical search for the Golden Fleece, BYTES Theatre Company, known for award-winning Anywhere performances, will recreate the daily environment of a children’s water park at Nambour Aquatic Centre.
- Caprichos: Surreal characters guide the audience through a journey into the tyrannies of our vanity in a world of mirrors and nightmares inspired by Goya’s “Los Caprichos.”
- Disappearing Acts @ Northey Street City Farm: Disappearing Acts produces small, one-of-a-kind events in our city’s green places. A truck comes, and out pops a bizarre show that uses circus, clowning, and magic to encourage us to consider our relationship with nature.
The 2022 Anywhere Festival in Sunshine Coast and Noosa is slated on April 29 to May 22. For convenient access to all of the events, book your accommodation Sunshine Coast Mooloolaba.
Mooloolaba is only one hour and fifteen minutes from Brisbane Airport and the Sunshine Coast Airport. The Aegean Resort sits in the heart of Mooloolaba, 60m from the beautiful white beaches of scenic Mooloolaba Beach and seconds from the bustling beachside esplanade and The Wharf. If you’re seeking resort-style accommodation on the Sunshine Coast, Aegean Apartments promises a coastal break that won’t disappoint.
Book your Mooloolaba Apartments today!